Did you know that journaling can be a powerful tool to heal your past and consciously create a fulfilling and joyful future?
So many people tell me that they struggle with what to write about in their journal – they feel that what they are talking about is trivial or they get sick of simply focusing on what happens in their daily lives. They know there is a lot more to write about, but they don’t know where to start. They know journaling can be a deeply healing and rewarding experience, but they feel as though they are missing something.
Deep journaling is about diving below the surface of our daily lives. It’s about getting to the core of who we are – our past experiences, our present blessings (and challenges!) and our future hopes and fears. It’s about understanding the many layers of ourselves, beyond how the world sees us, to connect with our truest self.
Deep journaling is a transformative practice that allows us to heal what’s holding us back and celebrate our growth. It encourages us to learn who we truly are so that we can create a life that is deeply fulfilling.
While many of the prompts in the course encourage you to write, Journaling Into the Deep is both written and visual – it’s in whatever style works for you. There are no special tools or supplies required – just a sense of curiosity and a willingness to explore the wild, deep within.
How does the course work?
The course will run for nine weeks from the 31st of July to the 29th of September 2017.
You will get two lessons a week, each with journaling prompts, written techniques and other information. Each lesson will have a printable PDF so you can work on the lessons away from the computer.
You will have lifetime access to the course content so you can complete it at your own pace, but for the duration of the course, the lessons will be released week-by-week.
There will also be a Facebook group to share your experiences during the course and connect with other journalers.
Here’s what we will cover in the course:
Module One: PAST
- Welcome + how the course will run
- Getting started
- Remembering your past
- Talking back
- Clearing the emotional clutter
- Another perspective
- Defining moments
Module Two: PRESENT
- Gratitude and joy
- Getting to know you now
- Map of your time
- Examining your rules and beliefs
- Views of me: Self-portraiture
- Capturing the moment
Module Three: FUTURE
- Defining your values
- The buried treasure within
- Future perspectives
- Meet your future self
- Visioning and manifesting
- Bucket list
How do I know if this course is for me?
This course is for you if:
– You want to journal but don’t know where to start or what to say
– You journal often but find yourself staying on the ‘surface’ of the day-to-day
– You want to develop a meaningful and rewarding journaling practice
– You’d like to heal or make peace with events from your past
– You’d like to learn more about who you are and what makes you tick
– You want to learn how to create a future that will be deeply fulfilling
Any journaling/artistic ability or experience level is welcome – you don’t have to be an artist or a writer. There will be enough guidance for people who don’t know where to begin, and enough freedom to interpret the prompts however you like if you want to be able to do your own thing. The main thing is that you make the course work for you.
Registration for Journaling Into the Deep is currently closed. If you’d like to be the first to know when class is open again (and get special discounts for classes) sign up for my Love Notes below!
Questions you might have
What is the purpose of this course?
To share what I’ve found to be so immensely helpful for me. I’ve journaled since I was ten years old but it wasn’t until I actively started to heal the wounds from my past and consciously create my future by diving deeper than the day-to-day that my life really changed. This can be hard to do on your own – having specific targeted journal prompts to guide you through this process is what will help you achieve the most healing and growth.
I want to share what has worked for me: the exercises, prompts, techniques and other journaling ideas that have helped me to find a true, deep sense of happiness and satisfaction in my life. I believe if I can do this through journaling, you too can use this tool to do the same – you just have to know how.
Do I need any fancy supplies?
Absolutely not. You could complete the entire course with simply pen and paper. The prompts allow enough room for you to interpret and present them however you like. If you want to add a visual element to your pages, you absolutely can – but it’s not required. What is required is that you work through the material in a way that is meaningful for you.
I’ll share some of my favourite journaling supplies in the course, so you can explore different materials if you like, but the focus of the course is not really on art techniques – it’s more on providing prompts and guidance to get you diving deep in your journal. How you work with the prompts is up to you.
What if I can’t keep up with the course?
No need to worry: you will have lifetime access to the course material – plus you can download and print out the PDFs to keep – and the Facebook group for the course will stay open permanently, so you can take as long as you need. You will also remain on the mailing list for the course and be able to participate again each time the course runs, so you can continually go deeper!
Some of the lessons ask you to dive pretty deep, and it may take some time for you to process some of the things that come up. You should take as long as you need!
Why are you qualified to teach this course?
The official stuff:
- I’m a certified life coach with a diploma from Hart Life Coaching
- I have a graduate diploma in teaching and many years of experience teaching and mentoring
- I have a graduate diploma in psychology
- I have a Bachelor of arts in English, media and art history
The other stuff:
I’ve developed a journaling practice that has changed my whole life. I made peace with events from my past that were keeping me stuck and unhappy. I’ve used my journal to really get to know who I am – how I think, what matters to me, what I’m capable of – and from this I’ve created a life that is deeply fulfilling. Some of the things I’ve created for myself include, in no particular order:
- Downsizing dramatically – selling many of my possessions to focus on what really makes me happy (hint: it involves journaling and creativity!)
- Designing and building a tiny house (yes, with my own two hands – and those of my fiancé)
- Buying our own piece of property despite record high prices in Auckland and having no deposit
- Building an online business
- Leaving a job for which I am not well-suited and that doesn’t fulfill me
- Getting engaged
- Discovering my purpose and having the courage to act on it
- Helping others to find creative fulfillment and deepen their connection with themselves
- Overcoming depression, perfectionism, fear, procrastination…. and many other things that weren’t bringing me any joy
By registering, you agree to the following policies.
Access to all the lessons will be emailed to the email address you use when registering. If you’d like the lessons to be sent to a different email address, please let me know.
If you wish to cancel your registration before the course begins, you must email me and request a refund before the course start date of 15th August 2016. Due to the digital nature of the course, a refund cannot be issued once the course has begun.
Still have questions? I’m happy to answer them! Just get in touch.