I believe you have all the wisdom you need inside you, but sometimes life gets so busy that you forget to listen. This is when turning to the pages of your journal can help. Developing an intuitive journaling practice can help you access your inner wisdom all the time.
What is intuitive journaling?
Intuitive journaling is sitting down to journal without any outside guidance or preconceived notion of how it will turn out. It’s about letting the page unfold how it wants to and trusting the creative process, trusting yourself. It’s about turning inwards and listening to the nudges and whispers from within – and learning that these can offer valuable wisdom. It’s about developing a sense of trust in yourself through creative journaling, and learning to tune into your own intuition and inner wisdom often.
Intuitive journaling is both written and visual – it includes any and all forms of journaling whether it’s simply words on the page, or 15 different types of media. It tends to steer away from journaling prompts in order to focus on the inner messages you receive while journaling, however, simple prompts can sometimes be helpful to get started.
How does the course work?
The course runs for six weeks from Monday 8th May – Friday 16th June.
Each week there will be two main lessons with detailed step-by-step instructions, and an additional troubleshooting lesson to help with issues that are common during the process.
The lessons are posted on a private course blog. Each lesson is also emailed to you in a printer-friendly PDF, so you can download and keep them, and print them out and journal away from the computer.
You will also get access to a private Facebook group.
Week one: Getting started
- Basics of how the course will run
- Setting intentions for the course and creating an environment that welcomes your intuition
- Supplies for the course (these can be as simple or sophisticated as you need) and how to choose them intuitively
- Dealing with privacy – some neat ways to ‘hide’ your journaling
Week two: Connect
- What is intuition? Exploring the topic with journaling prompts as we dive into the meat of the course
- Visual techniques to connect with your intuition
- Facing the blank page
Week three: Listen
- Written techniques to hear your intuition
- Visual techniques to get the messages down
- What to do if you don’t ‘hear’ anything
Week four: Trust
- Process vs. product
- Working with prompts to guide you, making your own
- Dealing with perfectionism
Week five: Play
- Finding your voice
- Bringing written and visual elements together
- What to do when you don’t like your page
Week six: Practice
- Creating an ongoing intuitive journaling practice
- Developing your intuition further
- What to do when you don’t want to journal
How do I know if this course is for me?
This course is for anyone who wants to develop a journaling practice that is fulfilling and helps them connect to their inner wisdom. This might be for you if:
- You love the idea of journaling but have struggled to develop a regular practice
- You journal often but have trouble getting past talking about the day-to-day
- You’d like to access an inner source of guidance you can trust
- You’ve never journaled before and don’t know where to begin
- You’re a long-time journaler who would like to learn a new and unique approach to journaling
Registration for Wild Intuitive Journaling is currently closed. If you’d like to be the first to know when class is open again (and get special discounts for classes) sign up for my Love Notes below!
Questions you might have…
Why did you create this course?
A few years ago, I was lost. I felt as though something huge was missing from my life, but after years of searching for it through several attempted career paths, buying all the right stuff, socialising until the wee small hours, traveling to the opposite side of the globe – even meeting the man of my dreams – I still felt a hollow, empty space inside me. I feared that I would never fill it and that I would forever feel this void inside, despite having what appeared to be a great life externally.
And then I stumbled into the world of creative journaling, and the practice of intuitive journaling (not that I knew what it was called then). I’d always journaled on and off throughout my life, but not like this, and not this consistently. When I finally invited the practice of creative, intuitive journaling into my life on a daily basis I felt myself heal, piece by piece. I felt the empty parts fill up and the disconnected parts reconnect.
What was is about this particular form of journaling that allowed me to heal the hollow parts of my soul? It connected me with myself – my true, deepest, wisest self. It taught me to stop looking outwards for answers and guidance, and to turn inwards and trust myself. It allowed me to see that I have all the inner strength, knowledge and courage I need within me.
You have this too, and you are whole and just perfect as you are right now. You just need to learn how to look inwards to find the answers you already hold.
How is this different from other journaling courses?
Most of the journaling courses I’ve come across online are centered around the end product, rather than the journaling process. They tend to be art journaling courses that focus on techniques and the outcome, or written journaling courses that offer a lot of focused, guided prompts which can often limit the messages from our intuition.
This is great and learning techniques is good – plus we all want to create things we actually like to look at. This course is less about journaling that is pretty for the sake of it and more about journaling almost as a spiritual practice, as a form of spiritual therapy. The focus is on the process of creating and what that brings us, rather than on the end product. While the end product does matter to a certain extent, the most important thing is the personal and spiritual development that comes from the intuitive journaling process.
Why are you qualified to teach this course?
The official stuff:
- I’m a certified life coach with a diploma from Hart Life Coaching
- I have a graduate diploma in teaching and many years of experience
- I have a graduate diploma in psychology
- I have a Bachelor of arts in English, media and art history
The other stuff:
I’ve developed an intuitive journaling practice that has changed my whole life, simply because I started listening to my higher, wiser self and deepened my ability to hear my intuition. Some of the awesome life changes include, in no particular order:
- Downsizing dramatically – selling many of my posessions to focus on what really makes me happy (hint: it involves journaling!)
- Designing and building a tiny house (yes, with my own two hands – and those of my fiancé)
- Buying our own piece of property despite record high prices in Auckland and having no deposit
- Building an online business
- Gradually leaving a job for which I am not well-suited and that doesn’t fulfill me
- Getting engaged
- Discovering my purpose and having the courage to act on it
- Helping others to find creative fulfillment and deepen their connection with themselves
- Overcoming depression, perfectionism, fear, procrastination…. and many other things that weren’t bringing me any joy
By registering, you agree to the following policies.
All the lessons will be emailed to the email address you use when registering. If you’d like the lessons to be sent to a different email address, please let me know.
If you wish to cancel your registration before the course begins, you must email me and request a refund before the course start date of Monday 7th May. Due to the digital nature of the course, a refund cannot be issued once the course has begun.
Worried about keeping up with all the lessons? No need to worry – you will have the emails to keep, plus PDFs of each lesson of the course material, and the Facebook group for the course will stay open permanently, so you can take as long as you need.
Still have questions? I’m happy to answer them! Just get in touch.